Chanel is without a doubt one of the most desirable handbags brands on the planet. However, with desirability comes a high price tag. That’s why I’ve decided to make the list of the most affordable Chanel bags the money can buy. And yes, before you are asking, those bags still exist.
I know many luxury lovers have been disappointed lately with Chanel, or particularly with their price increases on the Classic Flap — the fan-favorite handbag now costs over $6,000 in the smallest size. But seriously, Chanel is so much more than the Classic Flap and this blog post on the 12 most affordable Chanel bags is about to prove it.
Whether you are looking for a chic evening purse, or are after a practical everyday handbag, there is a Chanel bag on this list for every taste and budget. From the super-cute and versatile Chanel Classic Pouch to the popular Business Affinity, just keep scrolling to discover your next affordable Chanel arm-candy!
1. Chanel Classic Pouch ($1,375)Not technically a bag, but still a piece that can be easily used as one, the Chanel Classic Pouch opens up the list of the most affordable Chanel bags. Also known among Chanel aficionados simply as an “O Case”, the Chanel Classic Pouch is crafted from Chanel’s supple lambskin leather into a timeless rectangular silhouette with a top zip closure and one main compartment.
Arriving in Chanel’s signature diamond-quilted pattern with the CC logo on the front and an extra slip pocket on the back (just like the one on the Classic Flap), the Chanel Classic Pouch makes for a fabulous day to evening bag. And it’s a spacious one too! Measuring 20 x 27.5 x 1 cm, the Chanel Classic Pouch will effortlessly fit in all of your essentials (unlike many other bags in this price range), which makes it a no-brainer piece to add to one’s collection.
2. Chanel Boy Belt Bag ($1,850)Looking for a hands-free way to carry your essentials? Look no further than the Chanel Boy Belt Bag! Modeled after the iconic Chanel Boy, but in a belt bag silhouette, the Chanel Boy Belt Bag is an ultra-stylish way to carry your most important essentials.
Furthermore, priced at just $1,850, the Chanel Boy Belt Bag is also likely the most affordable Chanel bag you will ever find. Crafted from grained calfskin leather, it features one main compartment with a front flap closure, as well as an adjustable belt strap which lets you style it multiple ways, including crossbody.
3. Chanel Clutch With Chain ($2,525)Next on the list of the most affordable Chanel bags is the Chanel Clutch with Chain, or to say more precisely, the round iteration of the Chanel Clutch With Chain. Yes, the Chanel Clutch With Chain comes available is a variety of iterations. And honestly, it’s easy to see why.
Combining convenience of a shoulder bag and elegance of a clutch, the Chanel Clutch With Chain makes for a perfect going out bag. Just pack your wallet, lipstick and you’re good to go!
4. Chanel Vanity With Chain ($2,650)Can you really use a vanity case as a handbag? Well, according to Chanel (and every major fashion influencer out there), you definitely can, and their adorable Vanity With Chain is a proof!
Fashioned in brand’s signature quilted lambskin with the iconic CC logo at the front, the Chanel Vanity With Chain opens up to a leather-lined interior with three credit card slots, a mirror (obviously, we can’t imagine a vanity case without a mirror) and a cosmetics holder. Cute, but mighty, the Chanel Vanity With Chain will be perfect for all of your essentials. Carry it over the shoulder or crossbody for a chic, hands-free look.
5. Chanel Flap Phone Holder with Chain ($3,325)In the World where we are using our phones more than anything else, phone bags make quite a lot of sense. And let’s just be honest: the Chanel Flap Phone Holder with Chain is way more than just a phone bag — it is also a stylish fashion statement.
Crafted in diamond-quilted lambskin leather with a gold-tone Chanel logo in the front and an interwoven shoulder strap, the Chanel Flap Phone Holder with Chain is a stylish and functional way to carry your phone and cards.
6. Chanel Classic Wallet on Chain ($3,350)Effortlessly stylish and endlessly chic, the Chanel Classic Wallet on Chain, or simply the WOC, also makes the list of the most affordable Chanel bags. In fact, if you could only own one Chanel bag for life — the WOC would probably be the smartest choice, as unlike many other Chanel bags on this list, this one keeps going up in price.
Furthermore, besides being a fabulous investment, the Chanel WOC is also a very practical bag. Featuring a well-organized interior with a zipper compartment, 6 credit card slots and a leather patch pocket, it will easily fit in all of your going out essentials while still leaving a plenty of room to spare. Hence why so many people consider it the perfect bag for all occasions.
7. Chanel Small Deauville Tote ($3,800)First bag on the list that is neither a pouch, nor a wallet on a chain is the Chanel Deauville Tote in the Small size. A fairly new addition to the Chanel Deauville range, the Small tote is about 10.5 inches tall and 13.25 inches wide, which makes it a perfect bag for everyday and more.
Opening up to one main compartment with a magnetic top closure and an interior zipper pocket, the Chanel Small Deauville Tote will effortlessly fit in all of your day-to-day essentials, while still leaving a plenty of room to spare. Furthermore, the bag also comes with a removable pouch which, if desired, could be worn by itself as a clutch, or used as a catchall in other bags.
8. Chanel Mini Camera Case ($4,800)Anyone who’s into Chanel knows that the camera case is one of the brand’s most iconic silhouettes. A fashionable reinterpretation of camera cases carried by photographers in the last century, the Chanel Camera Case was first introduced in the 1980s under the creative direction of Karl Lagerfeld.
In fact, Chanel Camera Bags from that time are still highly sought after till this day, often reselling for mind-blowing amounts through the pre-loved market. However, there’s really no need to spend that much, as Chanel still makes camera-style bags and they are fairly affordable (compared to the brand’s other styles). The current season Chanel Mini Camera Case, for example, costs $4,100 and capacity-wise is very similar to a Small Classic Flap, which currently goes for twice as much ($8,200).
9. Chanel Mini Flap Bag ($4,700-$4,900)Like the look of the Classic Flap, but don’t want to pay $8,000+? Well, if that’s the case, then you might want to consider the Chanel Mini Flap instead. Available in two main options: square and rectangular, the Mini Flap offers all the main features of the Classic Flap and at a fraction of the cost.
Specifically, the Square Mini is currently priced at $4,700, whereas the Rectangular Mini can be yours for $4,900. And just so you know, many people say that due to an absence of the double flap, the Rectangular Mini can hold as much, if not more than the Small Classic Flap (visit this blog post for more alternatives to the Chanel Classic Flap)!
10. Chanel Small Hobo Bag ($4,900)Another honorable mention is the Chanel Small Hobo Bag. Arriving in shiny crumpled calfskin with gold-tone hardware and a long shoulder strap, this bag is both practical and stylish, while still being priced relatively affordably for Chanel (at $4,900).
Featuring a flap-style pocket on the front decorated with the iconic CC logo, the Chanel Small Hobo Bag opens up to a spacious interior compartment with one slip pocket. A stylish way to carry your essentials, the Chanel Small Hobo Bag is a fabulous choice for those who are looking for a practical everyday handbag.
11. Chanel Small Business Affinity Bag ($5,000)A sound favorite among many Chanel lovers, the Chanel Business Affinity Bag also earns a spot on the list of the most affordable Chanel bags. Made of the durable Chanel caviar leather with gold-tone hardware, the bag opens up to fabric-lined interior with multiple zipper and patch pockets.
Beloved for its sophisticated and practical design, the Chanel Business Affinity features both a top handle and a longer strap that enables multiple wear options — hence why so many Chanel lovers say that this bag means business! And it truly does. Currently available in two main sizes – small and medium, with the small coming at around $5,000, the Chanel Business Affinity will make a perfect bag for a variety of occasions, whether formal or casual.
12. Chanel Mini Flap Bag With Top Handle ($5,400)If you like the look of the Chanel Mini Flap, but prefer the practicality of a top handle, here’s a bag for you: the Chanel Mini Flap Bag with Top Handle. As the name of this bag suggests, it is modeled after a Mini Flap (in this case, rectangular), but with an addition of a top handle.
Arguably a more versatile bag than the regular Chanel Mini, the new Mini Flap Bag with Top Handle can be worn numerous ways, incl. on a crook of an arm. However, this version of the bag will set you back $500 more than the regular Rectangular Mini. I guess you are paying for the extra versatility here.
Would you consider adding any of these Chanel bags to your collection? Let me know in the comments below!
P.S. Prices in this blog post are listed for information purposes only. Actual prices in boutiques may vary.