A handbag is, without a doubt, an ultimate Spring/Summer accessory. Isn’t the new season approaching a perfect excuse to treat yourself with a new bag? Whether you’re looking for a piece that will make a seasonal statement, or a timeless bag that will stay in your closet forever, the latest designer handbag releases are to satisfy all of your wants.
Recently, designers not only have brought back some iconic shapes from the past, but have also introduced new shapes, many of those look like they can potentially become the new classics. From Bottega Veneta’s Jodie through Gucci’s latest Horsebit bag, here are the top 5 best designer bags to invest in for Spring/Summer 2021.
1. Bottega Veneta Jodie Bag ($1,790-$3,700)Once you have experienced the impeccable craftsmanship of Bottega Veneta, there is no way back. You will forever remain a Bottega Veneta fan. Ever since Daniel Lee was appointed as the new creative director of the House, we’ve seen Bottega releasing one it bag after another. 2019 was the reign of The Pouch. In 2020, we couldn’t take our eyes off the Padded Cassette. And guess what? In 2021, we are all to rock Bottega’s next it bag, the Jodie!
Available in multiple sizes and color ways, the Jodie is a modern spin on the classic Bottega Veneta Hobo. Like any classic Bottega bag, the Jodie is crafted from brand’s signature Intrecciato woven leather. While maintaining the shape of the original Bottega Hobo, the design of the Bottega Veneta Jodie is elevated with a knotted detail on the strap, giving the classic style a contemporary appearance. A nod to the rich heritage of Bottega Veneta, the Jodie bag is a must-have for every Bottega lover.
2. Fendi Moonlight Bag ($2,100)Wear it over the shoulder, crossbody or by hand. Wherever you have to go, the Fendi Moonlight Bag is to accompany you this season and beyond. First introduced on Fendi’s Spring/Summer 2021 Runway, the Moonlight Bag is the next it bag that every handbag lover was waiting for!
Taking inspiration from the wildly successful Fendi Sunshine Shopper, the Fendi Moonlight Bag combines a wearable silhouette with unique design elements. The half-moon shape is adorned with tortoiseshell effect trim made of plexiglass, while the flap closure features a guilloche metal buckle with the iconic FF logo.
The Fendi Moonlight Bag is already taking social media by storm. Major bloggers and influencers have been spotted rocking it non-stop. Yet another classic from Fendi, the Moonlight bag comes in a variety of spring-ready colors.
3. Prada Cleo Bag ($2,250)In recent years, Prada was clearly one of the leaders when it comes to creating buzzy it items. From their Monolith Chunky Boots to re-edition nylon bags, over the last couple of seasons Prada delivered the luxury none of us were able to resist. This season, Prada is to spoil us with another it bag: the Cleo.
The Prada Cleo Bag, which made its debut on the brand’s Spring 2021 “Multiple Views” show, draws inspiration from a popular Prada shape from the 90s. Classic, but at the same time futuristic, Prada Cleo features a curved silhouette, with the back sitting slightly lower than the front, giving the bag a cool multi-dimensional appearance.
The Cleo has become everybody’s object of desire ever since the bag first appeared on the runway. Clean and minimalistic lines of the Cleo make it the type of the bag you’d want to keep in your closet forever. And Cleo was made to stand the test of time. Made from brushed calfskin which is both lightweight and durable, the Prada Cleo will make a roomy day bag and a polished evening companion. Available in a variety of sizes and colors, the Cleo is already sold out on many retailers. Who thought it would be otherwise!?
4. Dior Caro Bag ($3,800-$5,700)Are you ready for the next it bag from Dior? Introducing the Dior Caro Bag, the latest release from Christian Dior. The bag made its debut on Dior’s Cruise 2021 runway. Inspired by traditional style codes of the House, the Caro is as classy as it is modern. The cannage pattern is what makes this bag so quintessentially Dior, while elements like the 30 Montaigne signature on the back add a modern touch to the design.
The Dior Caro may hit boutiques just in January, but it is already taking social media by storm. And no surprise. This bag is really versatile. You can wear the Caro 3 different ways: over the shoulder, crossbody and even as a clutch. A versatile bag is something every woman needs to have in her wardrobe. But the Dior Caro isn’t just a versatile bag. It is also a nod to the rich heritage of Dior. Would you like to add a Dior Caro to your handbag collection? Check out this blog post where I discuss everything you need to know about the bag.
5. Gucci Horsebit 1955 ($2,350)If you are in the market for a new designer bag that will never go out of style, you might want to check out the new Gucci Horsebit 1955 Bag. First introduced at Gucci’s Resort 2020 Runway, the Horsebit 1955 Bag is a stylish reference to the House’s archives.
The horsebit has been the signature part of Gucci’s DNA since the 50s. First featured on a pair of Gucci loafers in 1953, the horsebit today is a quintessential part of Gucci’s aesthetic, much like their iconic GG Supreme canvas.
Gucci’s Alessandro Michele used a vintage bag as inspiration. So classically Gucci, the original version of the new Horsebit 1955 Bag is crafted from brand’s iconic GG Supreme canvas with contrasting leather trim and Horsebit detail on the flap. With design so eye-catching, but also timeless, immediately after its release, the Gucci Horsebit 1955 Bag made its way into the arms of major fashion influencers and celebrities. The new icon from Gucci, the Horsebit 1955 Bag comes in a variety of materials, from canvas to leather and exotics.