With the fall/winter season knocking right at our doors, it’s time that we talk about footwear. I don’t know how about you, but for me fall associates with one particular type of footwear – boots! Boots have long been one of my biggest fashion obsessions. They are the reason why I am always looking forward to the fall! I truly believe that one can never own too many boots. Of course, you could say that a pair of classic Chelsea boots would pretty much have you set for fall, but isn’t it a little boring? Your boot collection deserves an upgrade and this is where the fall 2020 boot trends come into play.
When it comes to boot trends for fall/winter 2020-2021, this season, there is something for every taste. Whether you are on the market for a practical pair that will hold up in the unpredictable fall/winter weather, or a classy boot that would go well with everything, I am sure that you will find your new perfect pair of boots among these 5 styles below. Keep scrolling to unveil the top five definitive boot trends to wear this fall/winter 2020-2021.
1. Riding BootsFirst boot trend that I would like to talk about are riding boots. Do you remember, when about 8-10 years ago, Hermès Kelly-inspired riding boots were considered the top designer boots to own? If you still have them in your shoe collection, fall/winter 2020-2021 might be the perfect time to get those beauties out of the closet. In fall 2020, equestrian look is making a major comeback. Riding boots were spotted on the F/W 20-21 Runways of Chanel, Prada and Valentino, among others. However, this season, the classic riding boot style is getting reimagined with an addition of new details, such as, subtle Western elements, or chunky soles. Either way, for their clean and sleek lines, riding boots are a fall must-have.
Shop the riding boot trend:
2. Chunky BootsWhile riding boots were spotted quite often in F/W 20-21 catwalks, they haven’t really dominated the runways. The type of boots that, without a doubt, has dominated the fall/winter runways are chunky boots. From classic, Dr. Martens-inspired boots to heavy-duty “combat” styles, this coming season, chunky boot silhouettes are the ones in the spotlight. I’ve discussed the chunky boot trend earlier this month in a blog post on Top 5 Fashion Trends for fall/winter 2020-2021. Actually, make sure to check it out if you are looking to learn more about overall fashion trends for FW 20-21.
Shop the chunky boot trend:
3. Over-the-knee BootsWho doesn’t love a good pair of over-the-knee boots? While this trend is nothing new, this fall, we are all getting a reminder that the over-the-knee boots are a must-have in one’s shoe collection. FW 20-21 runways are filled with over-the-knee boots. Moreover, this season, many designers are taking an updated approach on this fabulous trend. This fall/winter, Proenza Schouler is offering us slouchy over-the-knee boots in both leather and satin. Ganni, on their F/W 20-21 runway, presented us with chunky lug sole over-the-knee boots. When it comes to over-the-knee boot trend, you have so many options to choose from. Perhaps, you already own a pair of now-iconic Stuart Weitzman Lowland or 5050 boots?
Shop the over-the-knee boot trend:
4. Ruched BootsBack when I was studying in high-school, which is now many years ago, I’ve owned a pair of ruched boots. They featured a slouched design with a flat heel and a pointed-toe. They were about knee-length and were made of real leather. I remember those boots so well because they’ve been my absolute favorite. Out of all boots that I’ve owned at that time, I’ve worn those the most! I am so excited that the ruched boots are back this fall! We’ve been seeing all kinds of ruched boots on FW 20-21 runways at brands like Isabel Marant, Bottega Veneta and Balmain, among others. Perfect to pair with both casual and party pieces, ruched boots can be styled with pretty much everything. So, if you are looking for a super versatile pair of boots for fall/winter season, the ruched boot trend might be the one you should look into.
Shop the ruched boot trend:
5. Rubber BootsThe more I observe fashion trends, the more I get convinced that fashion is a lot about breaking the stereotypes. Probably, the most unexpected shoe of FW 20-21 runways are rubber Wellington boots. Who thought that rubber boots can be ultra-stylish? This season, brands that have championed the rubber Wellington boot style, among others, include Bottega Veneta, Prada, Valentino and Versace. Rubber Wellington boots are, indeed, so useful in fall/winter weather. They are waterproof, so they will keep your feet protected from both rain and snow. They are also really heavy-duty. It’s the type of boot that will stand the test of time. If you ever hesitated getting yourself a pair, this season, you might want to reconsider! Actually, this fall, I have my eyes on the high-heel rubber boots from Versace!
Shop the rubber boot trend:
How do you feel about the FW 20-21 boot trends? Sound off in the comments below!